Frequent Asked Questions
Found 9 records
- How does the "Sign me in automatically" work?
- The "Sign me in automatically" is optional, it saves your username and password on your computer and every time you access the page you will be automatically logged in.
- What happens if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, please click on the 'Forgot your Password?' link of the front of the directory or on the sponsor login page. The password recovery email will be sent to the email address provided from your Contact Information. The email will contain a link which will redirect the user to the 'Manage Account' section, where the password can be updated.
- How can I change my password?
- After you are logged in, click on 'Account Settings' link, you will see the "Current Password" field, type your current password in this field and your new password on the fields "Password" and "Retype Password", then hit the submit button.
- Can I change my item level - i.e. upgrade my listing?
- Yes, you can. After your item is expired you can choose the level. (if it is free you can change the level anytime) and pay for it. See question a little below on how to Upgrade a Directory Listing.
- Am I required to have an account to add items to the site?
- Yes. In order to add any item, including Free items, to the directory you must have an account.
- How can I sign up for an account?
- To sign up as a sponsor go to the 'Advertise With Us' link at top menu, select an item and level and click in 'SIGN UP' button. Fill out all fields, write down your username and password for future reference, choose the best payment gateway for you and follow the steps to finish the process. To sign up as a visitor go to 'Sign up | Login' link at top menu, fill out all fields and click in 'Create Account'.
- Why am I receiving an 'Account Locked' message?
- If you attempt to access your account and type in an incorrect password 5 times the account will lock for 1 hour. This is for security reasons.
- How important is it for me to 'claim' my listing?
- Being on the internet today is like being on 'Main Street' yesterday. In the old days people would drive by or walk by your store or your practice. They look around and they notice you. Now people surf by. Everyone is searching the net for products or services. However there are now millions of stores on main street. So it is important for you to have an effective web presence; this includes a good modern website and other internet properties which all together widen your footprint on the net. Caribfind is one such property you can have, and at a cheap price. So if you already have a free listing on the site, why not go ahead and 'claim' it. It costs you nothing and it can be fun. When you claim your listing you can update the information, you can add a cover banner, you can add one image, you can place a short description and you can set the listing up to be found easily. In terms of updating your listing so that you are easy to find, there are two sets of fields to fill out. - 1. The Short description and the site key-words. 2. The SEO Description and the SEO keywords. For best chances of being uppermost in searches of the site itself (search bar on Caribfind) you want to so word your description and choose you site-keywords, that when someone searches for your service in an area you get found easily. Also remember your Caribfind listing is also found on the net when someone is searching in Google or other search engines. To optimize your 'discoverabilty', e.g. when someone searches Google for your service in your area, you want to pay close attention to the SEO section of your profile. Go ahead and describe your offering in your SEO Description, and choose your SEO Keywords so that they represent your offerings. You can 'play' with these descriptions and keywords over and over to test for best results. If you have any difficulty with claiming your listing, or populating your site, or with your keywords, email us at email@example.com.
- I have claimed my Free Listing. Now I wish to upgrade to a Premium Listing. How do I do that?
- When you sign in to your account you will see your DASHBOARD. To the right of the screen you will see a button – INCREASE VISIBILITY Click on this. It will take you to another screen – ADD LISTING. Select PREMIUM, or, if there is another option available, you can choose the level you want. This will take you to another screen and the link “CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR YOUR LISTING” Select this to make your payment. After you make your payment you will be able to then sign in again and add all the awesome upgraded features to your listing (NOTICE: Your listing will remain PENDING until you make the upgrade payment. If you choose not to proceed at this time, your listing will remain in PENDING mode and you will not see it in the directory. If you wish to go back to the FREE status at this point (not upgrade) you will have to contact CaribFind Support to make it Active again.)