Frequent Asked Questions
Found 17 records
- How does the "Sign me in automatically" work?
- The "Sign me in automatically" is optional, it saves your username and password on your computer and every time you access the page you will be automatically logged in.
- What happens if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, please click on the 'Forgot your Password?' link of the front of the directory or on the sponsor login page. The password recovery email will be sent to the email address provided from your Contact Information. The email will contain a link which will redirect the user to the 'Manage Account' section, where the password can be updated.
- How can I change my password?
- After you are logged in, click on 'Account Settings' link, you will see the "Current Password" field, type your current password in this field and your new password on the fields "Password" and "Retype Password", then hit the submit button.
- Can I change my item level - i.e. upgrade my listing?
- Yes, you can. After your item is expired you can choose the level. (if it is free you can change the level anytime) and pay for it. See question a little below on how to Upgrade a Directory Listing.
- Are there different types of accounts?
- Yes. There are two types of accounts: 1. You can sign up as a visitor (community member) with your name, email address, and if you wish, your address and telephone number, and company name if you have a company. THIS IS A PERSONAL ACCOUNT. 2. If you wish to 'claim' or create a Listing or Classified, or add an Event etc., you also must create a personal profile (if you have not done so before), then go on to add your Business Listing or Classified or Event. So, in summary, you can be just a community member with a personal profile, or you can own a Business Listing, Classified, Event in which case you need to have BOTH the Personal Profile AND the Listing information.
- How can I sign up for an account?
- To sign up as a sponsor go to the 'Advertise With Us' link at top menu, select an item and level and click in 'SIGN UP' button. Fill out all fields, write down your username and password for future reference, choose the best payment gateway for you and follow the steps to finish the process. To sign up as a visitor go to 'Sign up | Login' link at top menu, fill out all fields and click in 'Create Account'.
- Why am I receiving an 'Account Locked' message?
- If you attempt to access your account and type in an incorrect password 5 times the account will lock for 1 hour. This is for security reasons.
- How important is it for me to 'claim' my listing?
- Being on the internet today is like being on 'Main Street' yesterday. In the old days people would drive by or walk by your store or your practice. They look around and they notice you. Now people surf by. Everyone is searching the net for products or services. However there are now millions of stores on main street. So it is important for you to have an effective web presence; this includes a good modern website and other internet properties which all together widen your footprint on the net. Caribfind is one such property you can have, and at a cheap price. So if you already have a free listing on the site, why not go ahead and 'claim' it. It costs you nothing and it can be fun. When you claim your listing you can update the information, you can add a cover banner, you can add one image, you can place a short description and you can set the listing up to be found easily. In terms of updating your listing so that you are easy to find, there are two sets of fields to fill out. - 1. The Short description and the site key-words. 2. The SEO Description and the SEO keywords. For best chances of being uppermost in searches of the site itself (search bar on Caribfind) you want to so word your description and choose you site-keywords, that when someone searches for your service in an area you get found easily. Also remember your Caribfind listing is also found on the net when someone is searching in Google or other search engines. To optimize your 'discoverabilty', e.g. when someone searches Google for your service in your area, you want to pay close attention to the SEO section of your profile. Go ahead and describe your offering in your SEO Description, and choose your SEO Keywords so that they represent your offerings. You can 'play' with these descriptions and keywords over and over to test for best results. If you have any difficulty with claiming your listing, or populating your site, or with your keywords, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I cannot find an appropriate category for my business. What do I do?
- Please email us and we shall be happy to include your suggested category. Then you can go back into your profile and add the category.
- I have claimed my Free Listing. Now I wish to upgrade to a Premium Listing. How do I do that?
- When you sign in to your account you will see your DASHBOARD. To the right of the screen you will see a button – UPGRADE AND INCREASE VISIBILITY Click on this. It will take you to another screen – ADD LISTING. Select PREMIUM or PLATINUM depending on your promotional needs. This will take you to another screen and the link “CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR YOUR LISTING” Select this to make your payment. After you make your payment you will be able to then sign in again and add all the awesome upgraded features to your listing (NOTICE: Your listing will remain PENDING until you make the upgrade payment. If you choose not to proceed at this time, your listing will remain in PENDING mode and you will not see it in the directory. If you wish to go back to the FREE status at this point (not upgrade) you will have to contact CaribFind Support to make it Active again.)
- Why is my FaceBook Feed not showing in my profile? I added the URL but it does not show.
- Here is one possible reason: The Facebook feed is not appearing in the listing because the link you put there belongs to a Facebook PROFILE, not a Facebook page. The Facebook feed is for Facebook PAGES only. Personal profiles don’t appear in the Facebook field. Check out this article for the difference between a profile and a page: https://blog.hootsuite.com/facebook-page-vs-facebook-profile/
- I added a Gallery Picture, and I save it, but it does not show. When I go back in, it is not in the gallery.
- If you are adding one gallery image, before you save it, click on it to highlight it as the main image (even if you have only one image in the gallery), then you hit SAVE. BTW, please ensure your images are within the specified size.
- I am signing up for a FREE listing and yet as I sign up I see a charge for 5.00 , and its asking me to pay before I continue. What is this?
- A free Listing allows you x-number of CATEGORIES under which you would list your business. (See the list of features for a free listing under the Tab - LIST/ADVERTISE). If you add more categories than the free listing allows, a message appears saying that each additional CATEGORY costs $X.00. When you try to save your listing it prompts you to pay the extra. Just go back and take out the extra CATEGORIES and you will be fine.
- I entered the words Fly Jamaica in the search box. In the COUNTRY box I had ALL COUNTRIES. It brought up Fly Jamaica listings listed among other businesses starting with 'Fly'. So I had to page through the listings to find the right country. How can I get the right Fly Jamaica listing?
- Good question. The first thing you can do is select the country in which you are searching. Then you enter your search term, in this case - fly jamaica - in the left box. If you want to find all the Fly Jamaica for all countries listed together - use quotation marks - "fly jamaica" when you search, and in the countries box you select ALL COUNTRIES. This will bring all and only 'Fly Jamaica' listings together. in the search results.
- I entered a new listing and when I sign out and go to the directory as a visitor I do not see my listing.
- When you Create, Claim or Update a listing, it may go into PENDING mode and not appear in the directory until it is approved by our admin team. If your listing goes into this mode and you do not see it after 24 hours, or if you have any other issues, please contact us by email.
- I have a Complimentary Premium Listing: Whenever I make a change to it, it disappears. What this happening?
- Please notify the support team if this happens. If, when the listing is changed to premium and no expiry date is put in , the listing keeps going into pending mode. The tech support team will have to update the 'expiry date' to some future date.
- Can you give me some tips on how to improve my search results?
- Let's discuss two types of Search. 1. You searching for some business. 2. You have a listing and people maybe searching for you. 1. YOU ARE SEARCHING: First select the country from the drop-down list. If you want to search all the countries then leave the selection to "all countries". When you enter a search term it searches the name field, the address fields, the short description of the company, and the key-words the listing owner used to describe the product or services. If you want something specific try to put it in quotation marks. 2. YOU HAVE A LISTING: To help searchers to find you much easier, use relevant key-words in your business profile. Also make sure the short-description captures what your business offers. Ensure your company name and address is correct. You can also include your service in the business name field. eg. A law firm with the name Sobers, Sukhram and Joseph. You can label it - Sobers, Sukhram and Joseph - Lawyers.
Featured Listings more listings
Get Alima's awesome line of "Eat-Easy" foods delivered to your door, if you live in the GTA. For full list of our "Eat-Easy" items visit our website. Home delivery ordered online only at www.OrderFromAlimas.ca. Check it out!